Thursday, February 2, 2012

Nine Months

Tomorrow my sweet little Buttercup turns nine months old. I am feeling poignant about it, even though I know it's the one-year mark that everyone celebrates. But nine months really means something. It signifies that my wee one has been outside the womb for as long as she was in. She has grown and changed and been marked by the world. The slow process of growing inside has turned to the slow process of peeling away from her mama.

She is crawling, pulling herself up on things in an effort to stand on her own chubby legs, learning that she can communicate through specific sounds instead of the unspoken communication only I can understand. She has (almost) six teeth and has started eating "real" food. She is judicious, sweet, grounded, bright, and secure. She is her own self.

Welcome to the wide world, smart and beautiful girl, my beloved daughter. May it treat you gently.




9 months



1 week old



1 month


2 months


3 months


4 months


5 months


6 months


7 months


8 months


9 months

No comments:

Post a Comment